Following you will find two self screening test, one for Mood Disorders and another one for Anxiety. Complete these tests to determine your level of need for assistance in this area.
MOOD DISORDER QUIZ (Depression/Bipolar Disorder)
Take this Quiz to find out if you may suffer from a Mood Disorder
- Do you experience extreme mood changes? (going from feeling very happy to very sad).
- Has anyone in your family been diagnosed with Depression or Bipolar Disorder?
- Do you experience any of the following symptoms on and off?
GuiltUnworthyCrying SpellsSadnessSleep difficultyFatigueLethargyIndecisivenessPoor concentrationChanges in appetiteWeight changesDigestive disordersHeadachesThoughts of death/suicideLoss of interest in appearance
- Have you experienced any of the following symptoms for at least a week?
Euphoria or feeling on top of the world
Risky behaviors (substance abuse, gambling, excessive shopping)
Unable to focus
Increased sex drive
Increase in energy
Decreased need for sleep
If you answer Yes to 2 or more of these questions (at least 2 symptoms in each of the multiple-symptoms question), you may suffer from a Mood Disorder. You should consult a Mental Health Professional for an accurate assessment.
ANXIETY DISORDER QUIZ
- I worry most of the time
- I replay thoughts/events in my mind
- I wake up in the middle of the night worrying about the past or the future
- I frequently suffer from diarrhea or other digestive disorders
- I feel fearful for no reason
- My mouth feels dry sometimes
- I experience tightness in my chess and/or shortness of breath
- I have experienced at least one panic attack
- When someone snaps at me I spend the rest of the day thinking about it
- I tend to focus on upsetting situations that have happened in my life
- I tend to think negatively about people and situations
- No matter how much I try, my mind continues thinking about problems
- My muscles feel rigid and tense
- I frequently experience back/neck pain
- I have a hard time falling asleep
- I am easily frightened
- My hands get cold and sweaty
- I am afraid of being alone
- I feel uneasy in large crowds
- I am afraid of riding elevators or airplanes
- I can’t relax
- I experience frequent nightmares
- I have difficulty enjoying sex
- Sometimes I feel like if I am about to lose control
- I rely on alcohol, pills, or drugs to be able to relax
- I feel tired
- I have difficulty concentrating
- I often feel guilty and regretful
- To me, the world is a scary place
- I experience sudden palpitations, pounding heart or accelerated hear rate
If you answered “yes” to 3 or more of these statements, you may suffer from an Anxiety Disorder. You should seek professional help in order to get evaluated and receive an accurate assessment.